Sunday, June 17, 2007

Challenges

This was a rough week. ESL went better on Tuesday. Dasha and Lena had class together and Michael and Vitali had class together. The report was actually that Michael and Vitali were a little silly which was the complete opposite of what had taken place on Friday. At least he participated!

Wednesday Michael got his hair cut. It looks really good.

Dasha and I had a couple days this week that we really didn't get along. This escalated Thursday evening. When it was over we were both crying in each others arms. The language barrier makes these situations even more difficult. I think we BOTH learned a lot this week. Most importantly, I hope she learned that no matter what I love her. I tried to explain that even when I get mad, I still love her. I want her to feel secure in that thought.

Michael woke up with a temperature Friday morning so we stayed home all day except for when we had to run over to the church to pick up Primo Jr. (he was at camp all week). Yesterday (Saturday) we went to BJ's and the grocery store to stock up on supplies. The kids were much better about not throwing everything under the sun in the cart. I appreciated that!

Today (Sunday) we had the pleasure of meeting with Constantine Petrov who leads the Russian ministry at our church. We wanted to be able to express to the kids our expectations and have them hear the experiences of someone who has walked in their shoes (so to speak). Constantine and his family moved to America almost 10 years ago. He talked to the kids for FOUR hours!!!!! It was great. He talked to them from a Biblical sense and shared that without Christ we can do nothing. So true! The kids were attentive and spoke openly asking questions and responding. Both seemed to have a more positive outlook when we left. It was time well spent!

I think we all grew a little this week!


(Note: I started typing this post before midnight, but ran over. My brain still thinks it's Sunday so forgive the discrepancy in days/dates)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.