Monday, June 4, 2007

Grandma's Gone Home...Boredom Sets In

Primo left early yesterday (Sunday) morning to drive his mom and Charlie (her dog) back to New York. The four kids and I went to church service and had lunch at home. It was raining off and on and at times very hard. We watched Miss Congeniality and Titanic. Primo called around 7:30pm to say that he had arrived safely at his mom's house.

Today I got up and planted some flowers in the front landscape. Dasha was getting up just about the time I was heading out, but gardening is not something that interests her. She sat inside for a while cross-stitching then she watched some TV. Michael has been snacking most of the day...? boredom? I haven't been able to get too involved with things today for some reason. I didn't sleep well last night. Dasha leaves her music on all night and I woke in the night to find that Michael had apparently been up to use the bathroom and left the light on. At some point the TV in the boys' room was also turned on. I don't even want to see our electric bill this month. We need to have a lesson in turning things off when not in use!!

Primo should be home around supper time tonight, but his flight out of Syracuse was delayed and he just called that his connecting flight is also delayed. When he called I told him that after just one day my eyes have been opened to something that he already said. We have to find something for these kids to do this summer besides just a few hours of ESL! I was concerned about the money, but now I'm concerned about my sanity!! (LOL) They love the pool, but an adult (me) has to be with them and I can't spend every day at the pool.

Any suggestions???

No comments: