Thursday, November 29, 2007

Happy Holiday Season!!

We just our first enlarged Thanksgiving in traditional style. We cooked a turkey, stuffing, potatoes, salad and all the fixin's. Over the long weekend we introduced the kids (mainly Dasha because she was more interested than Michael at first) to the art of Italian cookie making. Friday we spent several hours making double batches of cherry cookies and chocolate balls. Dasha was a trooper and worked til the completion (including frosting several hundred tiny little balls!). Saturday we tackled rosettes. Michael got in on the act and I think the kids really enjoyed being a part of the holiday tradition. There were many cookies sampled, but our freezer is filling quickly with cookies to eat as it gets closer to Christmas.

Christmas shopping is well under way. I need to pull everything out and make a list of what I have and what I need to get. Dasha and Nicholas have December birthdays so I have to keep that in mind as well.

We've had many, many ups and downs in the last several months. I have to say this is probably one of the hardest things we've been asked to do (by the Lord), but I constantly see His hand of protection upon us. Just when I think I can't take any more, relief comes. Praise God!!!!

May you all have a blessed holiday season!! Remember, JESUS is the reason for the season!!! Amen!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm glad you had a bonding Thanksgiving. Bless you guys in all your struggles and triumphs. Love you and Merry Christmas, Christy

Mom said...

Thanks for the pictures. The tree looks beautiful and the cookies will be delicious at Christmas. Everyone seems to be working together nicely. Merry Christmas to You All !!!!