Monday, September 24, 2007

A Trip To The Dentist

Today we went for dentist appointments. We have waited three months for this and knew it was probably going to be like opening another can of worms. Dasha went first. The hygentist emerged with the report of 13 cavaties!!! I honestly didn't expect nearly that many. Three or four maybe, but not 13!! Michael went next. His report wasn't quite as bad. He has "only" 8 cavaties, however his are deeper than Dasha's. We also have to take Michael back in two weeks to finish his cleaning because his gums were inflamed and they want them to settle down before they complete everything. I walked out with a deck of appointment cards! There will be multiple visits to get all these things taken care of.

All in all things are going well. We are really starting to "gel" as a family. The kids are struggling academically, but that is really not a big surprise to us. I'm sure the curriculum in Ukraine is not the same as it is here in America. It would be silly to assume otherwise. We are currently trying to evaluate exactly what they DO know and what they DON'T know. From there we can move forward. Primo has spent countless hours working with the kids on math. Every night after dinner the dining room becomes a classroom!

I don't know if anyone is still reading this, but I decided to blog just to see if anyone is paying attention!! Not only that, it is our way of remembering the experience too!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sabatini Family,
I read your blog still!
I think Dasha called and asked for Ira and I said,"you mean Erin?" and she hung up. I told Erin but I'm not sure if she called Dasha back or not.
We went through months of struggling through homework in the beginning although Erin has a good handle on most math she struggles in other subjects-especially American History and Civics. Today she is staying after school for tutoring with her World Geography teacher. Most teachers are willing to give her extra help after school. She didn't want to stay after but we talked about how the teacher would see her wanting to do well and that could help her grade. Plus, she can get more specific help on what she doesn't comprehend. With improved language and comprehension-comes less stress in learning.
Hope the family is well. Our love to all,
Beverly

Unknown said...

I am so glad you're blogging again. I really enjoy reading the updates. Thanks, Christy

litlover said...

Hi its me Erin(Iryna Lobanova)how are you I am fine at school bored I taking Spanish 4th language it easy because Russian have a R most people in America have a problem in my class.How is Dasha she ok or you all I sol you long time ago I want to see Dasha very match and I need to give her jacket I think you remember that!!! Ok say to dasha she need to email me more I need to talkt to her too I miss her very match how here school? She like it or not? I am not really if school was at 12 noon I would like it but it still boring!!!!!!!!!!!!! How is Primo how his soccer I plaing too i love soccer it rock!!!! ok by