Tuesday, April 24, 2007

Limbo

After I posted yesterday we went back to the apartment and fell asleep. I woke up when the phone rang. It was an invitation to join another family from Raleigh and Sharon (from Sense) for dinner. We had a nice time visiting and then went to an underground mall. It's really weird because on the surface in Kiev everything is really really old and run down looking, but inside many things have been renovated and are very modern. We got back to the room around 8pm and watched another movie. We went to bed around 11pm and slept all night...yeah!!

We got up this morning and packed. We will catch the train to Berdyansk tonight and will hopefully see Dasha tomorrow!! We met Romy who is from Chesapeake, VA and is in her 10 wait period. She has her adoptive daughter with her because the biological mom was causing problems for them in the region so they felt it best she be removed. The bio-mom is apparently "nuts" and has severely abused this child both physically and emotionally. She's in the other room as I write this. I'm so glad she's been rescued! They are going to travel to Berdyansk with us just for something to do.

We will be leaving here soon to get lunch and maybe just do alittle walking and/or shopping. I love reading your comments so keep them coming. It helps me to feel connected. I will be more than ready to be back on American soil by the end of this!!

Love ya'll!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey Guys,
I am so happy for ya. Sharon I missed ya Sunday night. We are praying for ya. Give Tanya a hug for me as well as Anna if ya see them. Take care and have a safe trip.
Love Marcy

Sissy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ed said...

Thanks for writing the updates! I'm glad Primo found some pizza to eat. :-)

Good luck with the trip to Berdyansk. I hope the rest of the travel goes more smoothly than the connection at JFK.

-sharon's friend Ed

Sissy said...

Maybe you can start writing movie reviews with your updates since you seem to be getting caught up :-)
Take a picture of Dasha's face when she realizes this is IT!! Safe travels and good luck with your meetings. Can't wait for the next update......Love you guys.