Monday, April 30, 2007

The Reunion

So this morning we had breakfast at 9am with Victor and then took our laundry to be done. We are without clothes until the 3rd because they will be closed for the holidays. I guess we will become one of the natives and where our clothes day after day. After dropping off the laundry we went and picked up Dasha and headed for Molachansk to get Michael. It rained today, so the trip was even less enjoyable!

We walked into the lobby of the orphanage and Michael was standing there. He wasn't expecting us to bring Dasha with us. The reunion was surprisingly uneventful. I think it was a little awkward for them. We traveled back as sardines in a can since it was a compact size car with 6 adults. When we got back we had lunch and both kids ate well. We decided to play a few rounds of UNO since it was raining outside. That was an ice breaker and Primo was acting stupid because he was winning. It annoyed me, but the others found it comical!!!

Michael and Primo have been playing games on the computer and Dasha and I stayed in the room 1/2 watching a movie. Now I think we are going to grab some dessert and hang out. The kids have been given permission to stay with us until Friday so we have gotten a second room. Like this isn't expensive enough, but it's worth it to be able to spend time with them!!!

I guess that's all for today. Tomorrow we hope to walk to the sea if the weather is good.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, how are you i want to write to Dasha. Hi! how are you i am fine, I am going to school. Dasha what do you think about Natasha you would miss her? Dasha I realy happy about you! I think you would be good daughter. My aunt lives in North Carolinaand probably I see you in America. Erin

Anonymous said...

I'm sure this whole thing is a bit overwhelming for both the kids...for Dasha that it's finally happening, for Michael that it is happening and for both of them to see each other after all these years. They are basically strangers to each other at this point...it'll all come together with time. Sounds like you'll all have some time to start bonding with each other this week...enjoy it all!
God Bless,
Sheila