Saturday, May 12, 2007

Closing in on day 1 of 10




Well, the first day of my ten day wait is drawing to a close. I woke up at 5:30 this morning. The room gets pretty bright in the morning. The water in the hotel was out temporarily. Apparently they have an alternative water source for the hotel, so why the city was without water the hotel wasn't. That was good, but the cold water was rather brown.

Showering was interesting this morning. The floor in the bathroom doesn't slant toward that hole in the floor. Well I got clean and that's probably more than most people here could say today.

I spoke with Sharon at breakfast. She had arrived at the Sense office, but she was the only one there. She was somewhat hungry as her last meal was lunch after our court date. She had to hang out at the office until noon. The a driver came to take her to her apartment. She got some food at a small grocery store and stayed in all day. When I spoke to her tonight, she said she was very bored. She's watched two movies and three episodes of The Closer. She's thinking that she'll have to venture out tomorrow to save her sanity.

I too was bored today. I walked to the market to browse for a bit. I then stopped at the grocery store and got some lunch. I was about to head out for another walk when I met up with the Bensons. They were going to go to the orphanage, so I asked if I could tag along. As we were approaching the school, I saw Dasha and two friends walking down the street. I didn't think I'd get to see her, but she returned before we left.

All eight of us then headed for the zoo. Victor bought some dried fish for his daughters and I bought Dasha six Granny Smith apples. Two of them disappeared before we could make it to the hotel. The rest she ate while we were in the Benson's room. Oh and she had a couple of fish too. Victor got some tape of the peel and eat fish.
I'm posting some pictures of Dasha and Victor (our facilitator) eating the dried fish and the aftermath.

Well we see what new adventure tomorrow brings...

7 comments:

Robb said...

Wow! I love the fish pictures. Did they smell like fish? Just kidding... Beautiful kids and congratulations on your adoption. Have a fast and safe return home with your children.


Jill and Robb

Sissy said...

Well, I'm gonna guess Dasha better get her fill of dried fish before she comes home because I don't imagine that will be a regular in your household!! She is an absolutely beautiful girl. Glad you got to shower. Its the little things that sometimes mean the most!! Look forward to the Day 2 report. Love ya.

Mom said...

Have you ever tried the fish, Primo? They must taste better than they look. Will the kids be attending school until it is time to leave to come home? Glad you were able to shower even if the water was brown, a quick tan.These may be boring days but the end is in site. God Bless!!!

Jennifer said...

Wow, that is nasty... glad those aren't popular here in the US. Maybe you posted those pictures today - to scorch me on my birthday knowing how much I like seafood. :) Just kidding. Anyway, before you know it, you will be back here. Enjoy the rest of your time there.

Anonymous said...

Enjoy being bored for a few days because things won't be boring when you get home!!

I can't eat something that still has the head on it!! Yuck!! Glad this isn't smell-o-vision!! Did you try it?

It's nice that there are still some people around for you to hang out with. Hopefully this time will go quickly for you.

Take care.
Love,Sheila

Anonymous said...

Oh Happy Day, Oh Happy Day, You're gonna take Dasha and Michael away!!!

That is the greatest. see you all soon.

Dick and Pat

Unknown said...

Very interesting pictures. I wonder what they'll think of potted meat in a can? Christy