Friday, May 18, 2007

On The Road Again

I left for Charlotte alittle after 9am this morning. I wanted to allow time for traffic and/or missed turns. I drove directly to The Department of Homeland Security. I was about an hour early so I went and grabbed a sandwich. I got back about 10 minutes before my 1pm appointment. I went to the security officer and showed him my email confirmation that I had a 1:00 appointment for fingerprints and I was supposed to report to "Room 191". They have a security check point like in an airport. He said, "You need fingerprints?" and I said, "Yes.". He told me I had to go to their other location (which I knew I would have to, but I now I didn't understand why I was here in the first place). He gave me a hand drawn map and sent me packin'. I got to the other building a few miles away and explained what I was there for and the woman recognized my name from the add on appointments for the day. She gave me a form to fill out and instructed me to turn it in at the desk across the room. I was then issued a number and began the waiting process. Not too long later a man called across the room, "Mrs. Sabatini?". I thought, "Cool. That was quick!". Unfortunately, it was too quick. What he needed to tell me was that I had to go to the Department of Homeland Security to pay for the fingerprints. I told him I had just been there and they sent me to them. Aaarrgghh! He wrote a note and I headed back to the other office. When I walked in I told the security officer that I needed to be there!! On the other side of the security check point stood a woman who turned out to be the one who had scheduled my appointment. She was hateful. She barked a few things at me (probably mad thinking that I had gone directly to the other location) and then snapped at the security guard saying, "Well, are you going to process her??!!!" So I put my purse on the conveyer and walked through the metal detector. She took the payment and went to the back to get me a reciept. While she was gone I had a lovely conversation with one of the other security guards. She came back and sent me back to the other building. I have to tell you that it was all I could do not to mouth off to her, but I decided to say a prayer for her instead. Did I mention that she wasn't nice?!!

So, I went back to the other building and they took me right back. I had the prints done and was in the car again for the long ride home. I made it home safely and the mission was accomplished. I guess you would call that a success in spite of a few bumps in the road.

Hopefully there will be no more last minute surprises. I'M TIRED!!

Sharon

2 comments:

Sissy said...

You crack me up!! You are getting more and more like me everyday (except for the prayer part)and it just makes me laugh. Glad that's over. Hopefully no more surprises!! Enjoy the tournament, hopefully they will win. Love ya.....

Mom said...

Nothing seems to run smoothly. However, in spite of the bumps your mission was accomplished and you had a safe trip. I pray that you all have a safe trip to the tournament and that Primo,Jr's team wins. Love and God Bless!!