Monday, May 21, 2007

The End is near!!!

Around noon today there was a knock at my door. Who could it be? Well will ya look at that! It's my long lost facilitator Victor. This must be a sign that the end is near. He told me that he needed to go to court at 1:00 so that he could supervise the corrections to our court documents that needed to be made by the judge. He was then going to need to make six copies and use the Ukrainian binding machine. In English, that translates to sewing the documents together with a needle and thread. We are making the trip to Zaporozhye tomorrow at 7:00 and then on Wednesday we'll pick up the kids and begin the trek home!!!

I told Victor that I wanted to spend some time with Natasha today, so he called the Director and set things up. I hitched a ride to the boarding school with my good friends Victor and Janet Benson around 2:20. Of course, neither Dasha nor Natasha were out waiting for me. Dasha had a look on her face from the get go and went back into the school. We waited for about 10 minutes and then I told Natasha that I wanted to go. So off we went on a walk around the school. I asked her if she still wanted to be adopted by us and she said yes. We talked for awhile, stopped for an ice cream and soda, and were just being silly. She and I seem to relate much better than Dasha and I have.

When we returned to the school grounds, Dasha was out at the ping pong table with the other kids. So we went over to the table to hang out. Over the past ten days, Dasha has had quite an attitude problem. There didn't seem to be a change it that today. She really didn't try to associate with me. Toward the end of my visit, Nastiya, Dasha and I went to sit on the bench in the front of the school. Dasha didn't say two words to me and when I left all I got was a bye. I believe that tomorrow, Victor is going to help me communicate with Dasha about her behavior. That should be fun, huh?

It will be good to see Michael on Wednesday. I'm sure he'll be overwhelmed with the things at home. This will also be his first time in a plane!

By the time this posts, I will have completed my ten day wait. Congratulations Mrs. Sabatini, you are now mom to four children. Gas up the minivan woman!

Well it's off to bed so that I can be ready for that three hour drive. Woo! I am SO ready to go home.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah!! It's about time!! Have a safe trip.

Love,
Sheila

Sissy said...

Well, it is indeed good to hear that you and the kids will be heading home soon!! Just the beginning of many adjustments. Dasha may be having a giant case of scared to death. I'm sure the thought of leaving Natasha is also upsetting to her. Hang in there, safe travel.....love ya.

Mom said...

So glad to hear that you are almost there.....It has been a long haul and no one knows better than you and Sharon. Have a safe trip back to the USA.
Love and God Bless!!

Unknown said...

Congrats you guys! I'm sure things will smooth over after all the adjustments. This is all new having a teen female in the house. I'd be scared to death going to another country and not knowing the language. love ya, christy

Unknown said...

Congrats!!!!! I hope you all have a safe and happy flight. Can't wait to meet Michael and see Dasha again. Dasha is probaly scared. So just keep praying and take a deep breath Dad, because you are now the proud daddy of 4 kids.
Love ya,
Marcy and family

Anonymous said...

Primo,
Attitude abounds with some kids. I wonder sometimes is it: age, past history, maturity, or just plain bad attitude? Hang in there. Jealousy- insecurity and fear all play a part as Erin has shown us. She is learning though- in these 6 mths. we've seen such a change in her ability to stop herself when she wants to complain and become negative- she is really working on trust, seeing the positive and being grateful. We just keep on saying "We love you no matter what- this is the behavior we expect from you..".
We'll be praying.
Blessings,
Beverly Bruce