Thursday, May 10, 2007

COURT

We are finally going to court this morning (Friday) at 11:30am. We got the approval yesterday afternoon. I would have posted last night, but the internet cafe was closed by the time we finished dinner. We have been enjoying the company of Victor and Janet Benson from Wisconsin. We had met them in Virginia in 2005 when the kids first visited. They arrived in Berdyansk a couple days ago. They are adopting three girls.

So, to bring you up to date on the last couple of days on Wednesday we picked Dasha up in the morning since it was a holiday and she didn't have classes. We were planning to take Natasha too, but she had gone somewhere with another friend. We took Dasha to a small zoo that is not too far from the hotel. It was fun. Then we walked back to the hotel and she said she was hungry, but didn't feel like going anywhere, so we got Primo and Victor to go get food while Dasha and I went up to the room. When they got back they had not only brought lunch, but a bag of dried fish. YUK. These are the sorriest looking things to look at and they think they are the best thing since sliced bread. We will post pictures soon because you have to see it to believe it! Dasha and Victor were snapping heads off and ripping skin while Primo and I shot video and snapped pictures. Be glad it's not smell-o-vision!!! Dasha took what was left to the orphanage to share with her friends.

Yesterday we didn't go to the orphanage until about 4pm. It was nice out so we just hung out in the yard with the kids. I'm still recovering from my volleyball bruises (on my wrist), so I didn't partake in any activities. Papa played some soccer with the kids.

So after court at 11:30 this morning I will have a short time to gather my things and then Victor and I will head to the train station. We will take the overnight train back to Kiev and I will spend a few days there. Monday I will go to the US Embassy to sign some documents and then I will give Power of Attorney to Victor to sign on my behalf things that will need to be done after the 10 day waiting period. (For those that don't know, there is a mandatory 10 day waiting period after the court date before the adoption is finalized.) I fly out of Kiev on Tuesday and will be home late Tuesday night. Because of the time difference (7 hours), I will live that day twice! I'll be chasing the sun all day!

I talked to Nicholas and Primo Jr. last night and I think they are happy mom is coming home!! I KNOW grandma's happy!!! :) Primo will continue to blog the events on this side of the ocean.

See ya'll soon!!!!!

4 comments:

Sissy said...

YEH!!!! I am so happy for you. Its 5:14 AM so I'm guessing you maybe in court or even done depending on how long the proceeding takes......Safe travels. Look forward to writing with you Primo. Love ya.

Mom said...

Yippee!!So HAPPY you have gotten your court date. I'm sure Grandma and the Boys are anxiously waiting for Mom to get home as we all are. Have a safe trip....Primo we look forward to you getting home with Michael and Dasha soon. Will keep checking for your updates.
Love and God Bless!!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your court date! Tell the kids hello for us and give Victor a big HUG.
Safe travels home Sharon.
Love,
The Bruce Family

Unknown said...

I am so happy for ya. Sharon have a safe flight home, and primo keep us posted on your end. Can't wait to see Dasha again and to finally meet Michael. Hugs to ya all.
Love ya,
Marcy