Friday, May 11, 2007

Here comes the judge....

For those who know where that comes from you're at least as old as I am.

We had court today at 11:30. I got to field most of the questions from the judge. How did we meet the kids, why do we want them, can we afford them and of course my name, rank and serial number. When we finished answering the questions, they asked the kids to come in one at a time. They were asked to give their names and ages. Dasha gave her full name and age. They asked her if she wanted to be part of our family and if she agreed with the adoption....she said "YES". Then her brother came in. When they asked him his name, he said "Michael". We all laughed. That's apparently his letting everyone know that he definitely agrees with the adoption. So he then gave his current name and age and agreed with the adoption. We were then asked to step outside while the judge was making her decision. Thirty seconds later we were going back in...the adoption was a go!!!

Tomorrow begins day one of my ten day wait. The kids went back to their respective orphanages. Sharon and Victor, our facilitator, are currently on the train to Kiev. Sharon will go to the US Embassy on Monday to sign and hand in the necessary papers and then will leave for home on Tuesday. I can't tell you how happy she is to be going home. I'm left here with two other American families so I'm not totally alone. I downgraded rooms from a double to a single. Our original room was okay, but now that I'm in my new room the old one looks like a suite at the Hilton. I've just been informed that there is some problem with the water in the city and it will be out for at least 24 hours!!!! I guess I really am camping now!

Well I'll see what tomorrow brings....

7 comments:

Mom said...

Hi Primo: Happy to receive good news and I can only imagine how happy Sharon is to be on her way home. I'm sure her anxiousness is shared by two boys and Grandma. Hopefully those 10 days will go quickly for you and everyone will be home soon.
Love and God Bless...

Anonymous said...

Thank God!! It's been such a long and frustrating journey to reach this point, but they're almost home! They must be very excited!! Do you have a date and time that you'll be coming back with them? There shouldn't be any more delays should there? Hope not.
It's been incredible to be able to follow all this with you, keep up the postings!
Good luck with the "camping"! Hope it's not for too long!
Love,
Sheila

Sissy said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're parents again. Hope you can find things to amuse yourself over the next 10 days and that Sharon has safe travels. The water situation will only enhance the story for years to come!! Keep up the posts, look forward to them every day. Love ya.

Jennifer said...

Hooray! Finally. Who would've ever thought my big brother would be a father of 4 children... Congratulations! Enjoy your quiet time - it is going to get real noisy when you come back home. ;)

Love,

Jen

Unknown said...

Congratulations guys!!! I'm so glad to hear of your growing family, finally. I pray Sharon has a safe trip home. Enjoy the camping. Can't wait to hear the details. Your pal, Christy

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!! I guess this is a little early Mother's Day present for Sharon! I am sure it is finally a relief to see your persistance pay off!!! Congrats again and I pray that Sharon has a safe return home and that Primo gets water soon!
With Love! Tara

Unknown said...

Enjoy your camping. It kinda sounds like the motel 6 david and i stayed at the other week. Have fun on your own and can't wait for you guye to all be home. See ya soon
Love ya,
Marcy