Monday, May 7, 2007

Delays

I'm sorry to post that we did not get our approval for court today. This means that I will not make my return flight on Thursday. Usually this approval is only granted from the SDA on Monday, Wednesday or Friday. Wednesday is a Ukraine holiday and the SDA is closed. It's a long shot that they would grant permission on Thursday in light of the holiday. It is more likely going to be Friday which means we can't go to court until Monday. This would put my return flight possibly Wednesday. We were not happy about this!! I will have to buy a completely new plane ticket because Delta cannot accommodate changes for several weeks out.

For those of you at home that are able to help out with Nicholas, we would appreciate it. It kills me every time I talk to him. He's just so young and it's hard for him to understand why mom and dad have been gone for so long. Primo Jr. is obviously older and able to understand more, but I miss him just the same. Because of the change of flights I will miss Primo's soccer tournament this weekend. I was really looking forward to watching him play and being there for him. He may say he doesn't care, but I think deep down it matters (at least I hope it does!!).

Today we went to the Notary and got the petition for passports for the kids. Victor spoke with the Judge and told her that we need to reschedule the hearing. She seems flexible, but that's because she doesn't get paid until we hold court! Tomorrow we will go to the orphanage to see Dasha. We probably won't see Michael again until court. I miss him, but it's costly to take a taxi back and forth from Molachansk (close to $50 every time).

So, the news today was not the best, but soon we will look back and think, "it wasn't that bad"...or at least I hope we will!!!

Love ya!!

7 comments:

The Schweickerts said...

Dear Sabatini's,
We have been following your blog and want to commend you on your positive attitude throughout this process. I know (personally)about the disappointments with set-backs..just when you thought you were getting somewhere! Our boys are excited about your adoption and excited to see Dasha and meet Michael. God is so amazing how he places the perfect children in each family. We are so blessed to have the opportunity to serve Him in this way! Look forward to meeting your family...hopefully in the summer if we have an adoption reunion!
Love,
The Schweickert's
Parents of Elliott & Nicky
(Andrey & Kolya)
www.ukraineadoption-dave.blogspot.com

Sissy said...

Sorry to hear of the delay in your court date. You have first hand knowledge of government red tape and this seems to be no exception. I did some checking on the Delta site and there are two flights from Kiev to Raleigh (through JFK) on Thurs. May 17 with coach seating available. Not sure why you couldn't pay a reticketing fee for one of those. If there is anything you want me to do on this end, let me know. I can be very persuasive :). Love you.

Mom said...

Sorry you didn't get the court date, what a disappointment. Seems the Ukraine has more holidays than we do. Hang in there and soon this will all be behind you. Nothing has been easy from day one.
Love and God Bless You All!!!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear your dissappointing news. Your still seem in positive spirits. I told Roseanne to call me if she needs any help. I miss you and are still praying for all of your safe returns, hopefully speedy returns. love, christy

Unknown said...

hey. We are here if you need us. I am so sorry that you didn't gey your court date. Tell Primo's mom that if she needs a break to just hollar and we will be there. See ya soon.
Love,
Marcy

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry to hear about your delay.. there are ALOT of us that want you home!! My first thought when reading this was..."If God leads you to it, He will lead you through it"...He must have some reasoning for all this that we don't understand, but He knows best. Frustrating...I know, but we have to hold on to our faith in His plan.
Love ya,
Sheila

Anonymous said...

Sharon and Primo,
We pray the Lord will sustain you through the wait of this week.
We are planning the gathering of Ukraine adopted kids on June 24th at 2:00 in VA Beach. Watch your email for specifics! Just think, you'll soon have two more children with you when you travel!
Love,
Beverly