Friday, May 4, 2007

Fun and Games






Yesterday (Thursday) we walked down to the arcade and played some games to kill time. Then we went to the market to get some more snacks. These kids are eating us out of house and hotel! I bought some chips (for me) and when I went to get them, they were gone! So when we shopped yesterday I told Michael, "MY chips....DON'T eat my chips!!" Then he would say, "Don't eat my chips!"...like a parrot! It was very funny! We also taught him to say "Wassup Homey?" He's eager to learn. Dasha pretty much spent the afternoon watching TV and fell asleep again fairly early.

Today we went back to the arcade for a short time for something to do. We also stopped at a bookstore and Dasha and Michael got a couple books. We made our way back to the room and hung out until Victor came. Then the kids packed up and got ready to return to their respective orphanages. We took Dasha back first so there would be more room in the car for the long and bumpy ride to Molachansk. Michael and I sat with our arms intertwined the whole way there. When we arrived the kids swarmed the car again, but my focus was only on one child....mine. It was really hard to have to leave him there. I hugged him, told him I loved him and gave him a kiss on the cheek. He hugged me back and said "I love you". Then I walked around the car in the opposite direction that he did and met him on the other side and stole one more hug before we left. I know he has friends there that he is going to want to say good-bye to, but I wish he could have stayed with us. We will see Dasha and Natasha on Sunday.

The latest adoption news is that it's possible that we will have the approval on Monday for us to go to court. It wasn't looking good for awhile, but two other families have already received approval and their documents were only turned in one day before ours. If we get the approval, we will have court on Tuesday. If this happens, I will make my original return flight on Thursday. There are a lot of "if's", but we are hopeful!

I guess that gets you caught up on the latest.

5 comments:

Mom said...

Hi! From the pictures it appears that you are all having fun. Hopefully the court proceedings will go smoothly and you will soon be home. Love to you all!!

Unknown said...

looks like your having a blast. the pictures are beautiful. you guys have so much happiness in your smiles. i love it. we'll be praying for the courts and speedy processing. love ya, christy

Sissy said...

Hope the news on the court hearing is positive. The kids look awesome. Enjoy your time. Love you.

Unknown said...

Love the pictures. Praying for the court date. Have fun .
Love ya ,
Marcy

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you're working on the language thing...I'm working with a girl now named Daria who came here from Poland about 10 years ago. She has an accent, but said that when you are exposed to nothing but English all day you learn it pretty fast. She was 13 when she came here.

Loved the "chip" story!! Get used to that!! Teenagers eat alot!!

Hope all goes optimally with the court stuff. I think you have a couple of boys here that are gonna be hugging the stuffing out of you when you get home!!

How is Natasha handling all this? It must be hard for her & you haven't been able to spend as much time with her.

My thoughts and prayers are with you.

Love,
Sheila